The Brightside Hotel
By the late 1950s, Hotel patrons could listen to records in HiFi, watch tv, and relax in rooms with wood wainscotting, but change was in the air. The Steel Company, an LCBO agent reported in May 1956, was purchasing:
“all of the property and houses around the Brightside. What will happen next is not known.” In 1968, the Hotel’s last owners sold it to the City of Hamilton, which demolished it to make way for Industrial Drive.